Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Crisis Pregnancy Centers Creating "Artificial Orphans" [Baby Scoop Redux]
- Carnival of Feminist #3!
- The problem with viewing films by demographic.
- “Humanist” is not a substitute for “feminist.”
- Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Rape, But Stop Pretending They’re the Same Thing
- GUEST POST: Thirtysomething — Sexist or Something?
- A great story about reducing the gender gap in higher ed
– Kate Harding on CPCs for Jezebel
– great post
– SarahMC channels The Language Police
– “I think , in short, that there comes a point where “it’s a free country” becomes a weapon against rather than protection for the marginalized. Legal guarantees of freedom are only useful for those who have the ability to get at the system, and when you think about it for more than twenty seconds, the people who have the easiest access to the system? Are definitionally not the marginalized.”
– blasts from the stereotyped past
– Missed this one a couple of weeks ago