Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- more broads on the board
- … and a bad bad review …
- Feminist parents community notice board
- Women in tech/women near tech
- Ms Geek’s Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Link Roundup (15th September, 2009)
- Carnival Against Sexual Violence 78
– “Whenever quotas get brought up, people always warn that positions should be based on merit, as if the use of quotas somehow preclude merit-based appointments.brbrAs if once a quota is in place companies will simply round up a bunch 0f random women from the street and thrust six figure salaries into their hands, instead of, you know, filling the quota with women from upper management with existing skills and a track record.”
– Kerryn looks at who are the stakeholders to keep in mind when writing a book review. It’s a list that could be adapted to a lot of other situations.
– An initiative from bluemilk
– the difference between those who build tech and those who promote tech
– geek links
– as always, many powerful posts