Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed-reader. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Autism, Capitalism, and the Establishment
- Gerard Henderson’s ‘diverse’ views
- What are we doing this for?
- Damn, Now I Have to Cut Judd Apatow Some Slack
- Gendering Political Mailers
- Newsflash: The Summer of 2011 Movies Will Have No Women Leads
- Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Rally
– “Yesterday a lot of people on twitter and facebook vowed to be silent for 24 hours as part of Communication Shutdown, a global fundraiser for autism. I’m not entirely sure if the intent was to raise money (paying for people to shut up?) or to raise awareness (by someone’s conspicuous absence?) but I do wonder what the results were. It certainly created a lot of controversy with people speaking out both for and against the effectiveness of the shutdown.
Personally, I see a lot more value in speaking up.”
– “The clearest example of the NPIC I know of is the autism industry. Millions upon millions of dollars get poured into autism organizations that actually don’t actually do anything for autistic people. These organizations do not hire or include autistic people in their leadership. These organizations monopolize and control mainstream media narrative around autism.”
– “Oh, this is really just too funny. Gerard Henderson has dressed up his public ASIO blow-job as a call for Mark Scott to “exert editorial control” over the ABC and ensure it “portrays a diversity of views”:”
– “For the record – I still stand by EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WORD I said in my original post. Because trolls have zero reading comprehension they can’t actually understand that I have never once personally attacked Stephen Fry. From DAY ONE I have simply asked if he really believed what he said and I’ve asked for clarification. But of course these fucking zeros who abuse me on Twitter and via email have never bothered to actually read a word I’ve said.”
– “Why are mothers’ demands for more time, money, support and validation only responded to when they are seen as benefiting children?”
– Damn, me too
– Yay! Let’s stick to traditional stereotypes to woo progressive voters! That’ll work!
– More Hollywood fail
– Yep, THAT rally.