Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- What will Twitter will make of a #feminismfriday hashtag?
- Man Reported Police Sexual Assault Against His Girlfriend, Now Faces Deportation
- How Feminists Ruined Menstruation, and Other Insights of a Dude Psychologist
- Contemporary family life OR Death by a thousand negotiations
- Come for the Pizza, Stay for the Deconstruction of Masculinity
- On Heavy Girls and Sexy Time
- Sticks and stones | The Butterfly Effect
- Discrmination by another name…
– Lets have a #feminismfriday Twittersalon! (If you’re not on Twitter, head on over to #FF101 and leave links on this post.
– “Abel Moreno now has a six-month deadline to show why he shouldn’t be deported, even though police acknowledge that his 911 call was crucial to their uncovering a dirty cop, and even though they agree that he shouldn’t have been arrested.”
– “Bering’s stunning conclusion: Vaginal blood brings either (a) shame or (b) nonchalant acceptance, depending upon which culture you are vaginally bleeding in! Incidentally, feminists have also observed this phenomenon, but they are wrong and he is right, for some reason. Bering explains it all:”
– “the couples with the least stress were the ones with the most rigid divisions of labour, regardless of gender equality (one father is quoted as saying “She does the inside work, and I do all the outside, and we don’t interfere” – might explain why she also is likely to be doing about one and a half times the amount of domestic labour that you are doing, buddy – not only is there less outside work but outside work tends to be less immediate and constant ie. you can leave fixing the back gate for another day but whoever is in charge of feeding the kids has to do it right now).”
– Fantastic school outreach program from Men Can Stop Rape
Sady DoyleSilvana at Tiger Beatdown gets her debunking boots on
– recommended by @juicymoni for #feminismfriday
– recommended by @crazybrave for #feminismfriday