Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Bad Behaviour, continued: Eight Year Old Autistic Girl Arrested For Battery
- Sexist Beatdown: Rape or Art? Edition
- Learning Fail
- Winds howl over the deserted moonscape behind Rupert Murdoch's UK newspaper paywalls – Boing Boing
- Mel Gibson scandal: Ignoring domestic abuse
- You're a woman. Now make some babies!
- Leviticans Blow It – The Vuvuzela, Twilight and Star Wars Fiasco
- Links of Great Interest: Mel Gibson = bigoted cockroach with rape-wish fantasies
- A thing to do
– “I am trying to imagine, here, on what planet an eight year old girl could reasonably be arrested for battery. This case is a pretty classic example of a situation where people obviously lacked adequate training and compassion, and a little girl suffered for it.”
– joint Roman Polanski and Larry Rivers Beatdown
– “On Wednesday, Johnson wrote a post about the horizon-broadening experience he’d undertaken. An article called, I shit you not, “Why I Stalk a Sexy Black Woman on Twitter (And Why You Should, Too).””
– “Let me be clear: Domestic violence is not a “situation.” We need to call it what it is. We need to point out that the repeating cycle of domestic abuse includes remorse and we should not allow Chris Brown or Mel Gibson or anyone else to simply come back and make a tear-filled apology. We must not be enablers.”
– “I’m relatively young, but I have known for most of my life, with much certainty, that I will never be a mother.”
– “It is articles such as these which make me realize that it is no big mystery why such radical, narrow-minded, conservative and even extremist groups aren’t taken seriously by the world in general. They belong in the same category as the aliens in Area 51 – just in off a flying saucer. Thing is, while normal, rational people at large do not take them seriously, these people are nonetheless weaseling their way into positions of influence and even government in order to find ways to make the rest of us “see the light” – and that is the part I find unsettling, if not a little frightening.”
– great linkage from The Hathor Legacy
– Every small step counts.