Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed-reader. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- The Australian Vs Julie Posetti (over a tweet!)
- Cheaper than NASA
- How a 15-minute writing exercise closed the performance gap between men and women in a physics class
- Troll / What About The Men.
- U.S. judge says lesbians can be 'converted' if allowed to serve in the military
- Some Of You May Have Noticed
- Sent to jail for falsely retracting rape allegation
- The best of the rest of the internet
- Just a Big Misunderstanding
– Chris Mitchell has apparently never heard of the Streisand effect.
– The Woo is strong with this one…
– “A small experiment at the University of Colorado was able to close the gap in performance between men and women taking an introduction to physics class – by means of a writing test wholly unrelated to science.”
– “And I don’t just mean that feminists don’t hate men, although we don’t. I mean that we actually want their lives to be better. For some it’s a side effect of liberating women and for some it’s a goal in itself, but feminism actually has a lot to offer men.
For starters, anywhere that women are forced into a stupid little box labeled “femininity,” men are being forced into an equally stupid box labeled “masculinity.” It’s a slightly nicer box, to be sure;”
– The Return of Privilege Denying Dude!
– “It boggles the mind that we are now faced with a system that prosecutes someone for falsely retracting a rape allegation. “
– Linkfest in a linkfest!
– OMFG, everybody. [Trigger warning for stalking, controlling suitor, general menace.]