Items of interest come across recently in my feed-reader. What did I miss? Leave your own interesting links in comments.
- #MooreandMe, Five Days and Running: Run It All The Way Down (A Timeline of Relevant Quotes)
- A unicorn races around the world before the truth has got its boots on
- Transcript of Naomi Wolf vs Jaclyn Friedman: Feminists Debate the Sexual Allegations…
- Weekly round-up and open thread (14-20 December)
- Swedish feminists start a Twitter campaign to talk about sexual assault
- Sleep and Negotiating Consent
- ATTENTION LADIES: Your merit doesn’t matter
– “*OH SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT??? Did you see THAT RIGHT THERE???? That was A CORRECTION, SON. That’s right: I got something factually wrong, and someone pointed it out to me, and I was all “oh whoops” and issued a PUBLIC FUCKING CORRECTION, as soon as someone pointed it out to me. And I am, despite all odds, not leaving Twitter, not crying in the bathrooms, not writing multiple angry Tweets about how angry the person asking for correction makes me, not hiding under the couch, and not actually, physically DEAD. Which means (a) that making corrections is physically possible, (b) that responsible writers, bloggers, media figures, AND JOURNALISTS ALL DO IT, and (c) the person running this website — “Sady Doyle?” — is apparently less of a wimp than Michael Moore or Keith Olbermann.”
– An illustration of in-jokes being not-grokked, and misunderstandings thereby
– “Trigger Warning for discussions of rape. I found doing the transcript amazingly upsetting.”
– Lots o’ links
– “We need a language for sex that isn’t stifled by shame, we need to think about our boundaries as well as others’. Something is going to change. We are going to dare to #talkaboutit.”
– “The BDSM community deals with negotiating consent to do all kinds of things. Negotiation is something where we’re pioneers. So here’s one experienced kinkster’s view on negotiating consent with a sleeping person. Since we’re talking about Wolf, who is either experiencing or feigning difficulties in basic reasoning and reading comprehension around this discourse, I’ll go ahead and add that the negotiation itself has to happen with all participants awake, and must take place before the unconscious fucking, not after.”
– “Deborah L. Rhode’s research shows that conventionally attractive people receive special treatment and privileges throughout all spheres of life…But, pretty ladies, don’t fear: You, too, can be judged and punished according to your appearance!