Items of interest come across recently in my feed-reader. What did I miss? Leave your own interesting links in comments. Shameless self-promotion entirely welcome!
n.b. Comments threads have not necessarily been read. Some may be NSFW or triggering, so please report back any problems you encounter so the post can be marked.
– “Why are medical recommendations based on an assumption that well nourished fetuses, babies and children become fat, while the opposite appears to be the case?”
– PhD in Parenting linkfest
– Geek Feminism linkfest
– I used to be a teen speed-skater, I’ve not yet done roller-derby, but this made me yearn.
– “Certain arguments in comments on feminist blogs are as predictable as the rising of the sun, the passage of time, or Dorries being evil. I’m sick of explaining them repeatedly, so decided to compile a handy list:”
– [Trigger warning for harassment, threatening violence against women]
– “Call me naive, but I would argue that mainstream media organisations need to focus firstly on producing good, truthful journalism that serves the needs of the public. Where the media went wrong in the last 30 years was trading in its editorial integrity for the advice of marketing consultants and product positioners who thought the truth was just another brand choice.”