Items of interest come across recently in my feed-reader. What did I miss? Leave your own interesting links in comments.
n.b. Comments threads have not necessarily been read. Some may be NSFW or triggering, so please report back any problems you encounter so the post can be marked.
- Super hedonistic Duke of the chivalrous love pats
- Why won’t they believe us?
- The best of the rest of the internet
- Muslim Women and their White Saviors
– “I’ll be there with a sign saying “I’m a slut: I love CONSENSUAL sex!” Come join me if you’re in Boston and free tomorrow, it’ll be fun, meaningful, and prove a really important goddamn point–there’s nothing wrong with being a slut, and there shouldn’t be anything dangerous about it either.”
– “This comment from me to the makers of Duke Nukem: “Are you serious?”
Elicited this deliciously patronising and not quite sincere response from Randy Pitchford, President of GearboxSoftware.com”
– “if any of us choose to tell people what we eat, they will usually automatically assume we are lying to them, presumably out of shame at all the “deep-fried chocolate pies smothered in marshmallow cheese sauce with a side of deep-fried lard” (Thanks to Twistie for that one, which is my new personal favourite) that we have been eating, or they assume we are lying to ourselves.”
– “So as girls get older, popular culture takes their voices away.”
– “given the recent of attempts in the West to obscure the agency of Muslim women in juxtaposition to their white, Western saviors. One of the more blatant examples of this was the discourse of the United States government that it was going to war in Afghanistan in part to save Afghan women from the Taliban.”