Bob Katter’s Australia Party are running a homophobic television advertisement to try and convince Queenslanders to vote for them instead of the alternative conservative political party, the Liberal National Party (LNP) in the forthcoming state election. Given this is an ad where it is conservative against conservative, there’s a big effort being made in the ad to say that the alternative conservative choice, the LNP, is too close to the progressive environmental party, the Greens. And given that the leader of the Greens is a happily partnered, gay man, well, all the better for their gay conspiracy.
It is a very blunt ad, take a look.
Here are some interesting things to notice in their advertisement:
- The leader of the LNP, Campbell Newman is shown working with laundry. Lady work.
- Loving heterosexual family juxtaposed against loving homosexual family for maximum contest. There can only be one winner.
- The loving heterosexual family is smiling, the loving homosexual family is not. What’s the problem, sin getting you down?
- The loving heterosexual family is an extended family, the loving homosexual family is not. They’re not one of us.
- The loving heterosexual family are clothed, the loving homosexual family is not. Gay family time is nekkid time.
- The loving homosexual family are two men with what appears to be a signficant age difference. Paedophile alert.
- Finally, notice that the loving homosexual family requires pixellating. Why is that?
If you freeze-frame the ad the loving homosexual family appears to have what might be a baby, but they have been pixellated so strongly that it is really hard to say what they’re holding there exactly. Could be gay, kinky stuff that is so bad it must be censored or could be their adorable, much-loved baby?
Perhaps Bob Katter’s Australia Party feels it is unfair to show the baby’s face in an ad running down his/her family, but then how fair is it to run down the baby’s family in the first place?
Image: A still from the ad showing the loving homosexual family, described in the text.
Also, the pixellating is used even when nothing like a baby can be seen. Is the idea of men’s bodies being close together in affection kinda obscene?
Image: Another still from the ad showing the loving homosexual family, described in the text.
Image: Bob Katter and two men friends fishing and being affectionate together. One man has his arm around Katter.