Hoyden About Town was begun by tigtog in September 2005. HAT offers an eclectic selection of opinion/commentary/linkage on matters which catch our eye. We speak fangeek and have long been aware of all internet traditions.
We welcome guest posters, although we have a few guidelines [» more info].
New readers should check the Commenting Guidelines before joining in the discussion. This blog moderates comments as we deem necessary, and the guidelines explain why.
- We make no attempt to be a journal of record, and any quoted material is reproduced on the basis of the “fair dealing for purpose of criticism or review” section 41 of the Copyright Act 1968.
- Some things we take more seriously than others: politics, feminism, parenting, health, disability, and skepticism for a start. [»more on Special Interests]
- Recommended Reading: RSS feed modules for our other blogs and feed-readers are on the Our Other Blogs page.
- You can find some of the images we’ve blogged on Flickr, as well as the Hoydens About! group, which readers can join and add their own photos.
- Ways to subscribe to our posts such as RSS, LJ, DW, Facebook and Twitter (and more) are on our Subscription Options page.
As the roster has increased, this section was taking up too much space, so it now has its own sub-page.
» About HAT’s authors.
Disconcerted by the occasional foray into our national vernacular? Check out this glossary of Aussie Slang.
ObGeek: This blog is hosted by VIVidWeb Hosting, and runs on WordPress, using a customised version (by tigtog’s web service VIVidWeb) of the Hybrid theme by Justin Tadlock. The banners and background were designed by tigtog/VIVid.
Please use the contact form keeping the guidelines below in mind.
- We are pleased to receive subject suggestions (e.g. for a Friday Hoyden?) or bask contentedly in copious worship and praise, but generally prefer to engage in discussions on the blog.
- Remember the weekly Otterday! open threads for dropping any off-topic links that you’d like to share with Hoydenizens in general.
- We’re open to offers of posts/crossposts from Guest Hoydens, but please read our guidelines first. Check out our Guest Hoyden archive.
NB: Pseudonyms are welcome in emails sent to us at HOYDENZ [[at]] GMAIL [[dot]] COM. We’ve never needed to do this yet, but we reserve the right to publish abusive emails and/or threats of violence in full including the IP address.
[contact-form subject=”Hoyden About Town Contact” to=”firstname.lastname@example.org”] [contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /] [contact-field label=”Subject” type=”text” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Comment” type=”textarea” required=”true” /] [/contact-form]
If no contact form is displayed above, please send mail to HOYDENZ [[at]] GMAIL [[dot]] COM
? back to page index