Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- California high school elects gay male prom queen
- rethinking walking: taking up space
- Sassy, huh?
- Carnival Against Sexual Violence 71
- "A fascist movement in this country"
- THE PRO-CHOICE ACTION NETWORK
- Colorado Independent » Late-term abortion doctor decries Tiller killing: ‘This is a fascist movement’
– Click through and expand the graphic for THE HISTORY OF EVERYTHING TIMELINE (via Skepchick)
– he’z in ur prom, subvertin’ ur stereotypes
– arguing with that inner voice
– bluemik notes the revelation that children were deliberately portrayed in a sexualised way for fashion shoots
– A profoundly powerful short animated film
– as always, some important and challenging reading
– Dr Hern speaks of being a target for pro-life terrorists
– So what does an anti-choice woman do when she experiences an unwanted pregnancy herself? Often, she will grin and bear it, so to speak, but frequently, she opts for the solution she would deny to other women — abortion.
– “Noting that Tiller is the “fifth American doctor to be assassinated,” Hern told the Los Angeles Times he’s well aware of the dangers. “I get messages from these people saying, ‘Don’t bother wearing a bulletproof vest, we’re going for a head shot.’ ””