Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Dr. Tiller’s Clinic Will Remain Closed
- Where were women in Obama’s Cairo speech?
- RESPECT! Campaign Provides Tools Related To Respectful Relationships
- After reading this article, castration indeed has begun to look appealing.
- Thank you Dr. Tiller
- New feature: Some body to love
- Autumn to appear on KRXQ to discuss your impact on The Rob, Arnie and Dawn Show
- U.S. Senate plans to pass hate crimes bill as amendment
- What We Missed.
- Actually, he does deserve our help
– “Women will have to pay more for care. Many women may go without care. And those who support the actions of Dr. Tiller’s assassin will also see that extreme violence works. Harassment couldn’t shut Dr. Tiller’s clinic down. Intimidation couldn’t shut it down. Threats couldn’t shut it down. Bombings, vandalism, and shooting Dr. Tiller couldn’t shut his clinic down. But murdering him? That’s what it took. And that’s how they got what they wanted.”
– Good questions
– A promising initiative
– “What liberal dudes (and some liberal women) fail to realize is that when we attack right-women using sexualized insults, we help to build and maintain a system by which all women are open to those kinds of attacks, and where it’s socially acceptable to target a woman for her gender and her sexuality rather than her opinions or her character.”
– personal story of the memorial service and thoughts raised
– Forget which body-shape is ‘fashionable’ – women are more than just their bodies, argues Lara Williams
– Internet activism can make a difference
– Astonishingly spineless tactics from the Dems in Congress, with no support from the Obama administration. Why so coy?
– some links from Feministing
– Some details you might not have heard about Bob Brown’s legal bill