Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Radical Readers amp; Feminisms for Dummies
- Thoughts on rape reporting
- White Supremacy, Feminism and Off Our Backs
- Science Grrl: It’s been a busy month for science grrls!
- Scientiae Carnival @ Mad Chemist Chick
- PSA: MikeeUSA’s hate speech and harassment
- This Is Your Brain On Juggling
- Five NEW Feminist Books Not to Be Missed
- Quick hit: how are you ruining a perfectly good men-only geek interest today?
– Online reading club and book reviews – check it out
– “I know I sound awfully cynical here but to get to the point: is the reason the article is written so clearly due to the crime itself being so brutal and horrific?”
– “All illusions that women are better at working through issues like racism better than men have been very definitely shattered for me as I watch white ‘feminists’ trying to tear strips off Jennifer. Trying to paint her as mad and delusional. A few clues women. Black women have the right to be angry about racism. Black women have the right to be angry at white women who demonstrate racism, either politically or personally. Black women need to be supported in their truth-telling. Even when that truth hurts us. Even when that truth is directed at us. We have no credibility as feminists if we don’t. “
– Nobels and more
– Women in Science Carnival
– TRIGGER WARNINGS APPLY. Being harassed online? You’re probably not the only one. This is about one specific hater, but offers good general advice.
– interesting work on brain plasticity
– could be good for the looming Giftmas
– “So how long have you been sapping science of its energy, imagination and future, dear readers?”