Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Johnny Depp: Rape Defender
- "It has nothing to do with me"
- Act like a lady, pee like a man
- Some people
– “It must be nice to live in the fantasy world that Johnny Depp lives in. In fact, I remember when I had similar beliefs. Men with children are safe, I would think to myself, in large part because that’s what my mother taught me. It wasn’t until I was raped that I finally realized how wrong I had been. But it shouldn’t take something like that to “wake us up.” We shouldn’t have to wake up in the first place.”
– “So says Ewan MacGregor about Roman Polanski’s ‘legal problems’. You see that? Right there? That’s the sight of a man saying he doesn’t give a shit about women. “
– “So dire warnings about exposing one’s naked privates in a public restroom seem to be far more useful to manufacturers of disinfectant wipes, seat covers and urine funnels than they are to the average woman — and they smack of a certain “Ew, but the unwashed masses have been there!” classism, to boot.”
– “If there’s anything more astounding than a candidate for high office blandly declaring that “the poor will always be with us” as an excuse for government not bothering to try to reduce homelessness, it’s people trying to defend it:”