- I’m sure there’s a transcript somewhere of the most disgraceful fauxpology ever offered up by an oxygen thief, but I’m not linking to it in this post. Reading commentary on Twitter yesterday was enough. Pinkelstien does, however, have a review of his decades of disgracefulness.
- Apparently some sport things happened over the weekend. Daylight savings time did not happen yet.
- Lindsay Tanner has written a book and has been saying stuff to get folks to buy it
- Good read about the perception of honesty in politics:
Builders build, nurses nurse, politicians lie.
But here’s the news: politicians wouldn’t be doing their job if they weren’t changing their positions and doing things they told us they weren’t going to do.
Governing nations in a fluid global economy that operates outside the direction of any one player is a messy business – and flexibility and a preparedness to shift positions is a sign of a mature, effective leader.
- Meanwhile car-bombs struck in Baghdad, the regime carried on with its crackdowns in Syria, Australian troops continued building the detention centre on Nauru, and Aussie pollies worked the UN for a Security seat.
As usual for media circus threads, please share your bouquets and brickbats for particular items in the mass media, or highlight cogent analysis elsewhere, on any current sociopolitical issue.