Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed
- On Becoming a Domestic and Laboratory Goddess : The Illegals Steal Our Jorbz!!!
- yennenga: Asian Women Carnival #1
- Wheelchair Dancer: (re)thinking walking — a response
- Guess why the economy is a mess?
- It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains
April 10, 2009 – Isis smacks down some stupid rhetoric
April 10, 2009 – The first Asian Women’s Blog Carnival – cultural stereotypes and appropriation, racism, identity, health, beauty, food, sexuality, relationships, film/game/book reviews and more
April 10, 2009 – Deeply layered examination of just what walking means to us – and what do we do with it?
April 9, 2009 – PZ skewers yet another atheist-blaming misrepresenter
April 9, 2009 – Review of “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies”: did the author make this conceit work?
Thank you for the mention!
You’re welcome, Isis.
I finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies last night. It’s essentially just what we online geeks are used to with fan-fic (not that there’s anything wrong with that). It’s P&P + Shaun of the Dead + kung-fu vs. ninjas.
With my purist hat on I could quibble with the way that some of the characters get tweaked, but the whole point is to include as much violent zombie mayhem as possible, so I see why they were tweaked as they were. This version of Lady Catherine is awesomely awful.