Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed
- Leading Experts to Discuss How Preventing Violence and Abuse
- Will targets drive up rape conviction rate?
- WHO IS FACEBOOK?
- The Advocate interviews mom of 11-year-old who committed suicide over gay taunts
- PRO-ATTRACTIVENESS BIAS
- Housewives, Babymakers, and Sex Partners
- TIGER BEATDOWN FOR TEENZ Presents: Super Fun Awesome Skateboarding R-Rated Fun Sexy Xtreme Facts About Dating! I REPEAT, FOR TEENZ.
April 17, 2009 – Quote: “Without this research too many people will continue to believe the myth that the impact of most rapes lasts only as long as the rape itself lasts. This myth harms rape victims while it helps rapists rationalize their crimes as no big deal.”
April 17, 2009 – the UK is attempting to improve their rape conviction rate
April 17, 2009 – default representations of “person” in social networks
April 17, 2009 – bullying claims another victim, and fundie parents are against anti-bullying programs – why?
April 17, 2009 – more on assumptions most of us don’t even realise we make, every day
April 17, 2009 – how US immigration visas force women into dependency
April 17, 2009 – Quote: “But wait, this article asks: what if, by teaching them not to be violent, we hurt their feelings? No, seriously, it actually asks that.”