Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed
- Why Use a Teaspoon When You've Got a Tablespoon?
- Truth Crusaders? Really?
- What do you think of "domestic violence"? (by Suzie)
- Girls in hats and baring arms
- The Craigslist Killer: Just A Normal Guy
- Another Layer
- Defining “intolerance” (Hint: It has nothing to do with depriving you of a tiara)
- WHICH MISSING CHILDREN GET MEDIA COVERAGE?
- Stumbling towards ecstasy « Kate Harding’s Shapely Prose
- Guest post: The Femagazinist Initiative
- Daddy-Daughter Dance
- MODERNIZING THE FAIRYTALE
April 26, 2009 – an anonymous donor is donating millions of dollars to US colleges headed by women
April 26, 2009 – the next generation of voters and the culture wars
April 26, 2009 – accuracy vs acceptability – “domestic violence” vs “battered women” – what terms should we use?
April 26, 2009 – a nice Feminism 101 kinda post
April 25, 2009 – Quote: “Whether it is Markoff or Madoff, these men will only stand for their individual criminality whereas a black drug dealer will be the representative of his race. People of color are often told that we focus to much on race and yet in almost every single interaction race is the invisible elephant in the room.”
April 25, 2009 – Quote: “While moms are expected to take care of kids in countless ways (housework, cooking, picking them up from soccer practice, caring for them when they’re sick, etc.), dads actually get to act like kids in order to be good dads.”
April 25, 2009 – Jill takes on one of my own pet peeves: it’s not “intolerant” to accurately describe a bigoted statement as bigotry.
April 25, 2009 – some surprising and appalling trends
April 25, 2009 – cognitive dissonance and Health At Every Size – restriction vs liberation – great post from fillyjonk
April 25, 2009 – Fantastic idea
April 25, 2009 – the screwy idea that daddy should be some sort of husband-substitute for daughters until they find one of their own and why it’s deeply fucked up
April 25, 2009 – speechless