Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please add interesting links of your own in the comments.
- TAX SLUG!!!1!
- Community Blog Round-up: Male feminists
- Monday Blogaround
- What Should a 20-year-old Proto-Feminist Guy Be Reading?
- Northern Territory Legislates Consensual Teen Sex
- I would make a terrible superhero girlfriend.
- Reproducing Gender And Race Stereotypes in RuneScape
- Quote of the day
- What do all those examples have in common, Paul?
- Missouri Abortion Restriction Bill Only Worsens Effects of Intimate Partner Violence
- Weekly Feminist Reader: Mother's Day Edition
- STAR TREK and Breaking the Rules – SPOILERS
- The End of Mothers Day
– different ways of viewing slugs
– some discussions from Feministing
– Links from Erica at Shakesville
– Go add your suggestions!
– Quote: “No, we’re talking about the possibility of two consenting 15-year-olds facing jail time for “raping” each other. Way to trivialize actual fucking rape.”
– more RaceFail
– Quote: “If you follow the players’ logic, that means it’s more believable to have talking cats than to have a person of color dressed nicely in a city. That’s just messed up.”
– one of my pet peeves
– Jo Tamar takes on Paul Sheehan’s latest meandering without a point
– Quote: “Instead of dealing with this problem, the General Assembly wants to further disempower women by taking from them the decision to refuse to give an abuser another victim.”
– sobering reading
– Lots and lots of reading about motherhood
– Quote: “And now, below a very large SPOILER GAP, a discussion of how what will be the most successful movie of the summer kicks conventional screenwriting “rules” in the junk.”
– Quote: “The reason mothers day is still such a big day is that motherhood is not valued for the rest of the year.”