Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Blogger, Walk With Me: BOB and Internet Feminism
- The Gender Knot: Ch. 1 Discussion – "Where Are We?" Part 1
- O brave new world! That has such baloney in't!
- The Truth About Antenatal Classes
- Child Rape: Hilarious!
- Men ticketed for speeding in bed
- Pro-Choice, Writ Large
- Black cat fight
– “Traister actually made a pretty important point in that piece: that the answer is not silencing certain women, but giving more exposure to more women, so that the full diversity of who we are can be accurately represented. Unfortunately, diversity means disagreement. The question is whether you think that having many women’s voices and many female points of view available to the public is more or less important than not being criticized by another woman.”
– “Early on in the first chapter of The Gender Knot, Allan Johnson has this to say:
“Patriarchy is not simply another way of saying ‘men.’ Patriarchy is a kind of society, and a society is more than a collection of people.”
That may be the most important take-home message from this whole first chapter. It’s not about you, personally. It’s not even about some particular bunch of d00ds. It’s about a system, and how we all interact with it. “
– graphs that someone pulls out of their arse are unlikely to provide valid extrapolations of future trends – who knew?
– What they are and are not good for
– pass the brain bleach
– Fellow Australians, I missed ever seeing this ad. Were any of you afflicted by its potential to “cause shame, embarrassment and undue distress”?
– more exploration of the limits of the binary gender concept
I notice it takes all of 3 comments for ‘feminist’ blamming to start on the ‘Truth About Antenatal Classes’ page.