Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Sotomayor: Actual Facts!
- Terror Should Not Pay
- “You look nice!”
- Hip Injuries Bringing More Athletes to Their Knees – NYTimes.com
- Op-Ed Columnist – Reagan Did It – NYTimes.com
- I for one welcome our new ant overlords
– “As more or less everyone has already noted, a lot of people have been claiming that Sonia Sotomayor is a racist, would decide cases based on racial solidarity rather than on the law, and so forth. One natural way to check this would be to examine her actual record. She has, after all, been a judge for quite a while, so it should not be all that hard to see how she actually makes decisions. …”
– as usual, clear thinking from hilzoy
– “When you tell someone “you look nice!” because she is doing something that fits within the patriarchal feminine beauty standard, something which she doesn’t usually do, you are reinforcing the idea that she should normally do that thing.”
– Injury trends that are doubtless multi-factorial, but probably are at least partly due to the hyper-commercialism of professional sport that encourages far more intense training for athletes and also competition from a very early age for kids in order to “make the cut”.
– Krugman’s take on “Reagan’s legacy” – hark, do I hear the gentle sound of wingnut brains exploding?
– They’re bombarding us with rocks!