Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Firedoglake » Study: US Accounted for 42% of Record Global Defense Spending in 2008
- Gordon Ramsay's big mouth strikes again
- The Sonia Sotomayor National Review Cover
- 15-Year-Old Victim Will Not See Her Rapists Prosecuted
- Unemployment And Education-Level
- Bamboo Review: Up
- What in the hell is wrong with rugby league?
- And Something To Muse Over
- Dear Doctors: People with disabilities are not your Very Special Learning Experiences
- Weekly Feminist Reader
- To Whom You Are Accountable
- June Scientiae Carnival
– But just try and get the GOP to implement smaller govt and lower taxes by cutting military spending
– Excellent article from Judy Berman about Ramsay’s horrid remarks about Tracy Grimshaw, his unconvincing “it’s just a joke” spin and Grimshaw’s classy response.
– “I think the larger story here is not that the cover is racist, but that race-based criticism is fair game in contemporary U.S. politics.”
– Strong Trigger Warning: “Confessions, and video evidence. And still, these men will walk free.”
– The privilege of education
– Looking forward to seeing Pixar’s latest? Sounds great.
– Cronulla CEO: “I guess it shows the character of some people.” “. Indeed.
– “Having the girls share in some endeavor cheapens the endeavor for certain types of men. Why is that the case?”
– “Putting a patient who is already in a vulnerable position through an examination that will cause pain for no reason but curiosity is, to say the least, rude. “
– from Feministing
– An evocative and provocative post on heritage, belonging and difference
– Reading from women in science and engineering