Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Carnival Against Sexual Violence 72
- A boy claims he was hit by a meteorite
- Just in case anyone forgot:
- A girl like I
– This month’s articles
– Or was he? Phil Plait teases out the probabilities.
– “Men: Women, their lives, their friendships and dramas? You are meant to find them utterly boring and irrelevant. “
– “Some will recognise this post’s title as a signature phrase of Anita Loos’ immortal siren Lorelei Lee from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.* These tales are told by Lorelei herself and Loos puts the phrase in her mouth to signify an attempt to be proper and genteel that, ironically, actually signifies the opposite.
And there’s a lot of it about…”