Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Huge Pre-Stonehenge Complex Found via "Crop Circles"
- UK Officials Assigned to Fight Rape Actually Promote Rape Myths
- War on Terror Training Domestic Terrorists
- Happily ever after
- What Is Funny?
- Salon Says Your Disabling Pain is Imaginary
- Over a quarter of men in South Africa admit to rape
- Iran Election 2009: Iran Elections & Twitter
- Breasts and Hair
– some silly subediting on a discovery that’s v. exciting for archeologists
– “at the Home Office violence against women consultation in the east of England in May, a rape champion for one of the police forces in the east of England stated openly that “everyone knows most women and girls who report rape can’t be believed”.”
– Three years ago, there was already news of Aryan Nations graffiti in Baghdad and evidence that white supremacist leaders were encouraging their members to enlist “to get training for a race war.”
– Fallen Princesses – gorgeous
– ingroup and outgroup identification, class/status markers and how humour works between them
– Cara takes down a heartless wanker
– “Using Twitter – Using #iranelection and #gr88 Hashtags
It is imperative that ACCURATE and verified information gets out from Iran. You can help by doing the following:”
– “I feel strongly about covering hair because I see it as a way to dehumanize women. Hair lends character to a face. It’s a huge way for many women to express their personalities and sense of style. It’s also a source of physical vanity, which I don’t discount. When you make women look sort-of the same, it’s easier to dehumanize them as individual humans.”