Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Women, confidence and fear of male judgement
- Sonia Sotomayor: Everything the Republicans Could Hope For . . . Except Her Race and Gender
- Facing Down Condescension and Lectures, Sotomayor Teaches Senators About Civics and More | RHRealityCheck.org
- Twitter thoughts and blog neglect
- If data is not the plural of anecdote, what about the singular?
- No future for books?
- Skepticism v Cynicism
– how do you react to stereotype threat?
– “President Obama could have nominated someone the Republicans would have had a legitimate policy concern about. But Sonia Sotomayor is not that person. Which makes their race- and gender-based uproar that much more transparent.”
– “Only in our “post-racial” era can old white men criticize a highly-educated, accomplished Latina jurist for being “racist” and not adequately colorblind, accuse her of being an affirmative action pick, and then throw a Ricky Ricardo quote at her. “
– musings on Twitterific trends
– pet peeve
– Potential death of Australian publishing sighted
– Not synonyms