Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Intervention turned our backs on reconciliation | Patrick Dodson
- A blow for equality, but sexist whingers need their ears boxed
- Carnival of Feminists #2!
- Revenge of the Link Roundup (August 17th, 2009)
- Why we document
- Mindblowing Science Fiction by Women
- I'm here to help
- On being vulnerable
– “those who have dared to tell the story of dispossession, exclusion and injustice – now apparently dated and short-lived in the manufacture of Australian history with its accompanying policy prescriptions for restitution and national reconciliation – are condemned for entrenching victimhood and dependence. “
– “Once, women couldn’t do the triple jump, because it would inflict untold – and unexplained – damage to reproductive organs. Female athletes couldn’t run the marathon, because they were too delicate.
And they still don’t play five sets of tennis, because it is far too gruelling for their sensibilities. Only a generation ago women were finally allowed to ride bikes at the Olympics.”
– reading galore
– what it says
– documenting sexist incidents in geekdom
– a response to the latest SF genderfail
– Book review: “It’s all about fighting societal norms, while endorsing one of the most pervasive and destructive ones out there. “
– great post from Deborah in response to Melissa McEwan’s “Terrible Bargain” post.