Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Did the fathers of modern obstetrics murder more women than Jack the Ripper?
- Just. No.
- The most meaningful day to express your love is the day everyone else is doing the same
- The very gendered baby
– Dissection of a burgeoning urban legend.
– More Sexxxaaay Cancer crap.
– “Even disregarding the commercial orgy that it is for a moment, I’m a bit of a cynic about the fundamental basis of it – the idea of a specific day for celebrating “romance” as a concept, rather than the actual person you love. Wouldn’t her birthday be a better day for celebrating her as an individual? Do you love her, or do you love loving her? “
– “We are recycling a lot of Lauca’s baby clothes for Cormac and in doing so I have become aware of two things.
Firstly, we bought quite a lot of clothing from the boys’ section for Lauca, whereas we have bought almost no clothes from the girls’ section for Cormac.
And secondly, Cormac has worn pretty much all of Lauca’s ‘boy’ clothes and very few of her ‘girl’ clothes.”