Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed-reader.What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- What’s in a Name? For “Ms.,” a Long History
- McEnroe: Ease up on female players
- Do the medical profession have so much as a single clue?
- don’t get fat, it’s in the contract
- Women’s shoes: an under-discussed feminist issue
- Trying One's Hardest Not To Be A D*ckhead, But Being A D*ckhead Anyway
– It’s been around longer than you think
– Mr Cognitive Dissonance is at it again
– Bri hands out clues
– “Of course every bride wants to look good on her wedding day but hell, if you are selecting your bridesmaids purely because of the way they will look in the photographs that suggests to me that you aren’t mature enough to be entering into a marital arrangement… not to mention the fact that you don’t deserve to have any friends…”
– Some of you may remember my opinion of the high heeled crippling machines sometimes sold as shoes. Amanda at Pandagon is on the same page.
– Discussing the whys and wherefores of a dad who is horrified that his young son wants to dress as Snow White for Hallowe’en, but if he had a daughter who wanted to be a male character he would probably be thrilled, and unpacking why.