Items of interest come across recently in my feed-reader. What did I miss? Leave your own interesting links in comments.
n.b. Comments threads have not necessarily been read. Some may be NSFW or triggering, so please report back any problems you encounter so the post can be marked.
- Reading The Punch so you don’t have to
- Links of Great Interest: More on Psych. Today
- A History Of Looking; Or, Why I Post Pictures Of My Children On The Internet
- Feminine Tosh?
- Playing the linkspam card (4th June, 2011)
- links for 2011-06-06
- It's mentoring week here at Musings of an Inappropriate Woman.
- Weekly links round-up and open thread
– “And today we have a piece by GQ Australia‘s chief sub, Nigel Bowen, who demonstrates that making all the required cultural references doesn’t mean you actually understand why they were important:”
– Linkfest from The Hathor Legacy
– A response to a reader who wonders if she worries about having these images out there
– “Jane Austen’s sense of the world is sentimental?”
– GeekFeminism linkfest
– “I submit that, as long as this is the frame “What do I as father feel comfortable allowing my daughter to decide to do?” for what men decide should be legal or not, then there is no way for grown, adult women to have a path to independent, equal citizenship. That is literally paternalism.”
– links from Racialicious
– What are your experiences with mentoring? How do you find a mentor? What are your expectations? How do both the mentor and the protegee keep the mentorship productive and progressing?
– linkfest from the F-Word Blog