Items of interest come across recently in my feed-reader. What did I miss? Leave your own interesting links in comments. Shameless self-promotion entirely welcome!
n.b. Comments threads have not necessarily been read. Some may be NSFW or triggering, so please report back any problems you encounter so the post can be marked.
- Colossal Cleavage: A Retrospection
- Live-Blogging ‘Feminism For Real’: Invite & Introduction
- A civil post deserves a civil reply…
- Caitlin Moran and feminism’s ableism problem
- The Pregnancy Cult
- Wierd Things I Have Around The Home. Wierd Thing #4: Intelligent Rubbish Bin
- Why the "Transsexual" vs. "Transgender" Debate is Irrelevant to the Fight for Equal Rights
- Convenient audiovisual demonstration of the difference between sexism on the right and sexism on the left
– A great post I missed a month ago on breast reduction surgery. I agree with every word.
– “For the next 22 weeks, I’m going to live-blog my way through Feminism For Real chapter by chapter.”
– “But then it gets ironically interesting”
– “This may be a particularly egregious example, but she’s not the only feminist to use ableist language or demonstrate this type of ignorance. As a woman with disabilities, I often feel ostracized by mainstream feminist media, which seems almost exclusively focused on the experiences of able-bodied people. Disability rights too often feels like an afterthought.”
– “Self opening rubbish bin saves cripple.”
– A must-read to clarify thinking on gender identity and expression.
– Guys on the right created this mind-bogglingly offensive political ad – Guys on the left can’t figure out what’s wrong with it:
Convenient audiovisual demo – racist, sexist and also ableist.
My new favourite twitter feed is @Letters2theEd, “Abridged, biased and frequently sarcastic summaries of letters published in Australian newspapers.”