Redux: Hey, I’ve been busy, how about you?

This original of this post was lost in the hack. This is recovered text from the RSS feed, and its timestamp has been adjusted to reflect the time of original publication.

Too busy for normal blogging, so I thought I’d let you in on some of the webwrangling work I’ve been doing:

• The Geek Feminism Blog [ http://geekfeminism.org/ ] wanted a new theme, so I pushed that through last night after a week and a bit spent modifying the theme they liked best, to make it more functional. It appears to be not everybody’s cup of tea.
• After answering some help questions for a man in panic on wordpress.org, I’ve been recruited to put together a website for a music promoter working out of San Francisco. I lead such a vicariously glamorous life!
• I’m also about to do some extra work on a custom site for a Social Innovation organisation in South Australia who are wheeling out a very interesting new program supporting families and helping to build a sense of community. I’ll be able to tell you more about that when they’re fully ready to roll.
• I’ve also got to finish building a website for mr tog, who is feeling a little like a cobbler’s child with no shoes.
Sprog the elder is also in the middle of his HSC trial exams. And I desperately need to declutter this house.

originally published by tigtog
August 2nd 2011 at 2:31 PM

Categories: Meta, parenting, relationships, technology, work and family

Tags:

5 replies

1. Republishing the lost comments from this post

Comment by tigtog
    The garden. Don’t mention the garden.

tigtog
    August 2nd at 2:32 PM

Comment by Mindy
    Was going to have Monday morning off work and declutter – got cranky on Sunday and did cranky decluttering Sunday instead. Was late for work this morning because I needed to tidy house before I left. Remembered 10am meeting at 11.30am. Shit shit shit. Want to be on holidays, but if I hold out until Xmas I can take my 4 weeks then and not have to pay childcare. May not make it.

Mindy
    August 2nd at 3:13 PM

Comment by Chally
    That is busy! I have given up on my bedroom just for the present; it’ll stop being a mess when I get to demessing it!
    That’s a bit rough, Mindy!
    I myself have been hit with a load of work at the start of the semester. I’m going to see if I can make Thursday a family day, but just now it’s work work work.

Chally
    August 2nd at 4:15 PM

Comment by kirstente
    I had to do emergency decluttering yesterday as my landlady wanted to show my room to a potential new tenant. Not good.
    I’m in the last few weeks before my dissertation deadline. While I don’t feel very stressed, I’ve developed a twitch under my left eye. So I think my subconscious might be stressed on my behalf.

kirstente
    August 2nd at 6:07 PM

Comment by Mindy
    @kirstente I hope you were planning on moving out. Good luck with the dissertation deadline, hope it all goes well.

Mindy
    August 2nd at 6:37 PM

Comment by Sheryl
    Wishing the elder sprog – and you! – well for these exams and the next 🙂 They are aptly named but the good news is that when they’re done that’s one more milestone out of the way. This time next year it will be barely a blip on the horizon of life. Trust me.
    When you’re done decluttering the house, tigtog, we should make plans for a birthday lunch. I’ve just realised that next year we will be 100!

Sheryl
    August 2nd at 8:33 PM

Comment by tigtog

Lunch this year sometime definitely. As for the other – we totally rubbished organising our original idea of a When-we’re-64 party (fyi dear readers: Sheryl and I share a birthday, but our birth-years differ). Surely we can manage the centenary joint celebration?

tigtog
    August 2nd at 8:46 PM

Comment by tigtog
    Oh dear, Kirstente and Mindy – if you were trying to make me feel better you did manage it a little, but what about youse?
    {{{{{{{{ hugs }}}}}}}}
    for those who want them

tigtog
    August 2nd at 8:47 PM

2. My next comment was along the lines of I need to HTFU and stop whinging. I’m getting there and I will be fine. Lots of calculations on bits of paper and remembering that we get a long weekend in October helped.
    Yesterday put things in perspective a bit. I am as ever amazed by not only the IT skillz of various Hoydens but also the generosity shown by partners and friends and various IT connections in getting it all back together. Now that is a community.

3. It’s a blessing indeed to know so many fine people willing to share their skills and expertise.
    Glad to hear that you’ve been able to find something to look forward to!

4. Mindy – Thanks, yes I was already planning to move out, so it’s fine really. It just meant I had to do an emergency tidy 10 minutes before I left the house.
    Tigtog – I took a much needed day off yesterday, and it seems to have helped with the stress. I hope things have got less frantic for you as well!

• I’m feeling quite a bit better today thanks – Hoyden is still stable, other projects coming along, Killer Flu has not yet reactivated yesterday’s aches/pains/gastro etc, and my current earworm could be much worse – I’ve got Joan Armatrading’s Be My Sofa Me, Myself, I looping away (with occasional excursions in to Drop the Pilot). Plus THE SUN IS SHINING.

%d bloggers like this: