If you follow me on Twitter, you may have already seen these. Items of interest come across recently in my feed-reader or via twitter (please consider following some of the bloggers/tweeters). What did I miss? Leave your own interesting links in comments. Shameless self-promotion entirely welcome!
- RT @Colvinius: A US soldier dies every day and a half, [in the field] … Veterans kill themselves at a rate of one every 80 minutes. http://t.co/QFSD9b1c
- RT @michaelidato: Ok. The Herald-Sun’s “Google did it” defence is slightly hilarious. A basic grasp of how the internet works would unravel that ..
- RT @wendyorr: Calling for kid friendly, tropical or island related recipes for Nim’s Island e-cookbook to raise funds for #IndigenousLF. Please retweet
- In defence of teenage girl sexuality: why does it terrify those who deny it exists? by @clementine_ford in @DailyLifeAU http://t.co/Q5DfuQrl
- RT @mrbenjaminlaw: Damn extraordinary story of a Tasmanian man—adopted out of India—who found his birth mother using Google Earth. Wow. http://t.co/ZaaaoOJr
- RT @listoperators: What is Old Book Smell? Science explains. http://t.co/CHnE9eT9
Good news, ladies! Society has discovered another new thing that’s wrong with you (& need $$ to fix). Nice one Jezebel http://t.co/8amTdbW6
- RT @ProfessorFunk: American physicist publishes maths paper to prove he didn’t run a stop sign, gets off charge, wins at life – http://t.co/6lf0hkus
- Nice review, asks some good questions | The Voice Australia: A real singing competition in wolf’s clothing? http://t.co/CycnSSBq
- Two good articles on the free-range eggs regs shuffle: SMH http://t.co/7jNk3eZv ; The Hoopla by @tammois http://t.co/F9ATg00N
- Cathy Sherry SMH op-ed | Lesson for parents in public schools: don’t fall for hype re private necessarily being better http://t.co/c1dhjEBS
And a couple of thinky-thoughts with no linked articles:
- RT @DrRimmer: I do hope that the @ABCMediaWatch will be checking to see how media organisations deal with Big Tobacco press releases on #plainpacks
- RT @deltrimental: All our pollies seem to agree that stay-at-home parents are valued and important. Unless parents are single/poor. Then they’re just lazy.
- Me: #Centrelink just now to help son with some forms: they made people queue out the door when plenty of seats inside. Outrageous. #disability