- Brian at LP published a good round-up piece today in anticipation of tonight’s Budget speech.
- One of the government programs to feel the kiss of Swannie’s razor is the ISP filtering program.
- The Baby Bonus has been “abolished” i.e. transformed into roughly equivalent concessions under the Family Tax Benefit A program instead (which means means-testing).
- All up there’s $43billion “slashed” from government programs.
- Infrastructure programs for road and rail will be boosted.
- A new program where pensioners selling their large homes in order to transition to more appropriately sized housing will not take a hit to their pension eligibility as a result.
- Our Budget deficit remains at a far lower percentage of national GDP than nearly all OECD nations, and the Opposition uses this to disparage the Government as incompetent, untrustworthy and chaotic.
What stood out for you in tonight’s Federal Budget?
As usual, the topic of these media-circus posts is just a discussion-starter. Please discuss any sociopolitical issue currently making the news, or highlight egregious churnalism and those far too rare instances where the MSM rises above it.