Image credit: bewareofthegod.com
ABC Online quotes him as saying the following yesterday:
* that he moved the motion (to cut Medicare funding for abortions past 21 weeks gestation) as a matter of conscience because he could not allow funding of late-term abortions to go unchecked.
* that recent medical advances have made it possible for babies to survive despite being born as early as 21 weeks.
* that it is also possible now to perform foetal surgery on unborn babies as early as 21 weeks
* that many Australians have concerns about public funding of abortions.
* “We are killing an unborn child, that’s what horrifies”
* “We want to have compassion and care for the unborn, we want to show love and concern for them rather than killing them in many cases for psychosocial reasons, which is effectively abortion on request.”