Items of feminist, political and scientific interest found recently in my RSS feed
- Obama's "enemy combatant" policy: following a familiar pattern
- Rising inequality in good and bad times?
- Real wealth is something you can pass on
- …why is this controversial?
- Diversity in Science Carnival #1
- Math Class is Tough! (by Phila)
- Shut your mouth BABY FEMINIST
- Something happy to break up a week of depressing news stories
- Beating Down Online Misogyny: Links
- Why ask, “Why Do Women Try To Change Men”? by Anthony McCarthy
March 16, 2009 – depressing
March 16, 2009 – Quote: “The Institute finds that in January this year, the richest fifth of households had an average inflation rate of negative 1%, while the poor fifth had a positive rate of 5.3%.”
March 16, 2009 – Wealth vs Greed
March 16, 2009 – Quote: “[to conservatives] “I thought you were all clear that your opposition to same-sex marriages is about the institution of marriage and the term itself, and that you weren’t actually interested in doing harm to gay individuals; is that not the case?””
March 16, 2009 – Great new carnival
March 16, 2009 – Quote: “Could these “preferences” have anything to do with the existence of “institutional barriers and discrimination” that women recognize in advance, and choose to avoid? And if so, isn’t it a little high-handed to call that a “career preference,” as opposed to — I don’t know — oppression?”
March 16, 2009 – Responding to a scold in style
March 16, 2009 – Best. Thread. Evah.
March 16, 2009 – Essential reading for anyone struggling with negative commentors
March 16, 2009 – Quote: “And you can begin by asking why men who nag are eternally let off the hook.”