Items of feminist, political and scientific interest found recently in my RSS feed
- Words Matter
- Read ‘Em
- It's not "sex," it's rape
- Michelle Obama, woman of limited ambitions?
- Louisiana: unarmed, black, 73-year-old cancer survivor shot dead by police
- How did he get away with it for so long?
- FGM There Is A Price To Speaking Out
- Another Anonymous Man Reveals What Lies Behind Excuses About Injustice Toward Rape Victims
- Almost half of Boston teens surveyed blame Rihanna for Chris Brown attack
- Target Women: Barbie
- Women, wait your turn, says EHRC?
March 17, 2009 – more Othering of PWD
March 17, 2009 – Links round up on Shapely Prose
March 17, 2009 – more rape apologism dissected
March 17, 2009 – Raise your hand if your/your partner’s ambitious career comes nowhere close to a “modest” salary of US273,618?
March 17, 2009 – utterly appalling
March 17, 2009 – how the institutionalised distrust of rape victims aids rapists
More links after this cut:
March 17, 2009 – quote: “It seems to me that when there is economic gain to be made i.e oil, or precious metals we give little concern for local customs or traditions; it is only when it comes to the most vulnerable that we assert that we don’t have the moral authority to interfere.”
March 17, 2009 – dissection of a highly distorted view of the “innocent until proven guilty” principle of jurisprudence.
March 17, 2009 – More evidence that people DO blame women for violence against them.
March 17, 2009 – Barbie turns 50 and Sarah Haskins responds
March 17, 2009 – Should women wait, yet again, for equal pay for equal work, this time because of the financial crisis?