Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- If it’s a tribe, how come you can’t be born into it?
- Rape Defendant Commits Suicide While His Trial Underway
- What We Missed.
- Women: The choosier sex?
- Journalists to “check” sources? What? – Pure Poison
- QUICKLY, HAROLD, SHE HAS BICEPS! CATCH HER IN THE ACT OR SHE’LL NEVER LEARN!
- Easily Mused: Panels 66: Why Chicks Cry
- Lose-Lose. As Per Usual.
– “Despite possessing all the stated markers for being a member of the salt-of-the-earth tribe, I doubt Douthat would consider me a member like he does Sarah Palin, even though I think I beat her on many counts, including the fact that neither my parents nor some of my exes even have college degrees.*
[…] The reason is obvious, if politely unstated: I’m not in because I’m not a believer in sexism, racism, or American imperialism. “
– portrait of a control freak to the end
– some links from Feministing
– how to refer to people who are not disabled. ?
– “When it came to the events where men worked the room, everyone performed just as expected: The men were less selective than the women. But when the usual speed-dating routine was turned on its head and the women made the rounds, the guys were more selective and the ladies were less picky.”
– What a terribly onerous imposition!
– It’s the attack of the dreaded biceps woman!
– Make a cuppa and then read this
– Just read it.