Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- The Liberals, women and the Mad Monk
- The Road to Edinburgh: what’s the secret of a good joke, timing
- The Turn-Around Trick
- In-fighting injures feminism
- Why *I* hate try-hard Harry Potter dissers and the boring articles they produce
- The Musings of the Midnight Fox – I've had an idea.
- Murderer of Dr. Tiller keeps up his hatred campaign from behind bars
– gender & politics
– Part 1 in ThirdCat’s series on putting on her debut solo show at the Fringe
– Quickie from Echidne
– “Yes, you’re SO right – it’s your co worker who has the problem with age appropriate behaviour and idiocy not you! You wept openly at your desk that another human found some joy in their life upon the imminent release of a new movie (a movie that wasn’t ‘Oh wow, locking people up and forcing them to kill one another is just so fucking SEXAY’)? I’m no doctor, but I’d suggest getting the fuck over yourself.”
– “There’s been a lot of press since the murder of Dr George Tiller, a provider of late-term abortions to women whose babies were horrifically deformed or would not survive past birth, or young girls who had had no idea they were pregnant. Apparently this leaves only two late-term abortion providers in the USA. Needless to say, these doctors and their clinics are constantly harassed, vandalised and certainly not respected.
The doctors and their staff have to go through abuse and intimdating phone calls and hate mail every day.
My idea: . Send them a postcard to say Thank you for giving women a choice”
In addition to being a whiner who cries out that he’s ‘being treated like a murderer!’—no, I am not making that up—-Scott Roeder is also distributing hate literature from behind bars.
Now, imagine, say, if this guy’s name was Abdul Mohamed, what would happen at this point?”