Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- What did you do when they were fighting for equality?
- RIP, Marilyn French: Historian, Author, "Man-Hater" | BlogHer
- The Gender Bias in Statutory Rape | BlogHer
- Laura Ingalls Had Hairy Pits and So Did Pa
- Weekly Feminist Reader
- Guest Post: On Comparing America With The Rest Of The World
– “Politicians who need to know that a clear majority of Australians stand for equality and fairness.
So August 1 will be a National Day of Action in support of marriage equality.”
– a strong tribute
– “The fact that society views women incapable of engaging in this type of crime is a big problem, as it undermines the agency of all women. Further, as Levine points out, it hurts boys who are damaged by inappropriate sexual relationships because instead of viewing them as victims, we give them a high-five for “scoring,” reinforcing the idea that boys just want sex and shouldn’t care who they have it with or under what circumstances they get it.”
– Trends in hair removal – manscaping et al
– from Feministing
– What it takes to make the USA free of some of the worst aspects of other countries