Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Mindblowing SF Lists
- Straw Feminist Weekly: The baby-hater
- Today in Feminist History
- Six Women Murdered, Three Still Missing, and Nobody Seems to Notice
- Women Athletes: Choose Between Strong and Sexy
- Senator Kennedy and the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act
- Dawkins, Creationists and Holocaust-deniers
– “We have to be responsible for keeping track of and highlighting and celebrating and giving notice to our own and recording the accomplishments of our best. Because no one else is going to do it for us. If they’re not ignoring, they’re actively suppressing. Neither of which is acceptable.”
– “Straw Feminist Weekly: We define feminism so you don’t have to!”
– Only 89 years ago
– If you guessed just from the title that these women are not white or from nice areas, yes. No improvement on the status quo there.
– “It’s easy to focus on the extreme cases and miss the trends. If you’re a successful woman in sports, and the press and the audience can accuse you of not being a woman, they will. But if they can’t find ground for that accusation, they’ll accuse you of not being womanly enough. “
– One of many tributes to Ted Kennedy
– “The danger in Dawkins’ rhetoric is that creationists will claim that Dawkins regards them a Holocaust-deniers or equivalent to the Nazis (not that they can resist linking Darwin to Nazi Germany). The distinction is clear but that will not deter the stupid.”