Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- As a parent, where does your story end and theirs begin?
- there are no prizes for decency
- The Bechdel Test and Race in Popular Fiction
- That's A Man*
- 'No Impact Man' – or was that 'No Impact Family'?
- Daughter of Link Roundup (August 31st, 2009)
- Who wants to play Evolutionary Neuro Cognitive Research FAIL?
- Copyright Myths Debunked : Art + Law + Blog
- Health care for all? But that would mean I'm not special!
- "Hero" lied about Muslim student
- Linksplosion! Bodies and body image edition
– “so, who owns the story? do you have a right to tell your side of the story in public? what if your story makes your children look bad or even very bad? or is this another way of silencing mothers and hiding the real experience of motherhood?”
– “Parents continue to be parents until the they die. There is no memo necessary to inform rational adults of this and there is no medal necessary for not financially abandoning your children.”
– Awesome idea – rework the Bechdel test for the treatment of race
– “One of the things that hasn’t been talked about yet is the devastating effects of these gender tests on the people that fail them.”
– Gender role and consumerism analysis of what sounds like a fascinating documentary
– GeekFeminism’s linkfest – neat
– More on the Ogi/Sai research fail – fandom’s having fun with them now!
– A nice debunking (US Law – but other jurisdictions have largely similar provisions – check your govt’s website for where they might vary)
– ginmar explores the psychology of those angsting over health care reform in the USA
– an outrageous example of selective ethics
– great set of links from Chally at ZATB