Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Meet The Predators: But Which Ones?
- Not The Man I Know
- Um, no
- Couples Retreat Erases Black People
– Trigger Warning for discussions of sexual violence
– “But the statement also purports to know a man better than his victim does — often, his wife or girlfriend. It purports to know the real him, and claims that the man who committed abuse either does not exist (because it didn’t really happen), or was someone else taking possession of his mind and body. And it also reinforces the idea that abusers can be easily spotted. That, if this man you know through work, or social functions, or friendship was capable of hitting his wife, of raping his date, you would know. You could tell, easily and without hesitation.
And if you can tell, if knowing is so easy, so obvious, then any woman who gets tangled up with an abuser, or a rapist, really only has herself to blame, now doesn’t she? Or maybe, you’re just a whole lot smarter than her. “
– Dear Establishment, not everyone shares your attachment to religious language…
– Universal Studios FAIL