Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- Twilight Eclipse
- Make Your Dude-Dominated Subculture More Accessible to Women
- Homebirthing may soon disappear
- The making of Ming the Merciless
- Where are all the feminist tweeters?
- Links of Great Interest: Sit down and shut up.
– “Here’s the dilemma. I have to think of Eclipse from two different perspectives. The first from a business perspective and the second from a content perspective.[…] A female led franchise will open in the most theatres EVER. Sounds to me like the game has changed.[…] Then we get to the actual movie. Now, just remember we don’t do content analysis on big Hollywood films that star guys like we do for the ones that star women. So we are already creating a double standard here.”
– Bookmark it – you’ll want to send this to people
– ” However the Review’s report has recommended against the government offering indemnity insurance for private homebirth midwives.
If the recommendation is taken up midwives will be unable to register themselves on this national list and since it’s illegal to practise midwifery without such registration (and the offence carries a jail term), homebirths, legally midwife-supported homebirths that is, will become a thing of the past.
The review’s antagonistic stance towards homebirth is perplexing.”
– “It is noteworthy that while the faction brokers may have got rid of their number one enemy, things are not back as they were. Gillard has retained the power of appointing the Ministry, rather than the factions, a century long tradition that Rudd broke. At the end of the day, the factions cannot fully recover because the social base for their existence has gone.”
– crazybrave tells you!
– linkfest from hathor’s legacy