Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed. What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- I think that they might have to rename it the Monckton gallop
- Old Spice 2.0!
- On undoing the done
- Kev’s no Howard, Julia’s no Costello, and Faulkner doesn’t keep notes in his wallet.
- People, he is not an underdog
- The best of the rest of the internet
- Yeah, speaking of privelege
- Don’t quote me on that: A non-definition of feminism
- How many times do we have to say it? NO ONE ASKS FOR RAPE
- The (non-existent) relationship between abortion law and abortion rates
- Monday night link salad…
– For those not reading Tim Lambert’s stellar efforts at regularly holding Monckton’s feet to the fire on his inaccurate claims regarding global warming, here’s a good taster.
– more @oldspice goodies – yay!
– “So much of parenthood is undoing what was done to us. So much of it is reactionary even when we want very much to be visionary.”
– “She reneged? Really? All Oakes has said is that she told Rudd his deal sounded “sensible and responsible”. Well that ain’t quite saying she agreed to it. I bought a house a couple months ago, I told the real estate agent I thought the price they were asking was sensible (and probably reasonable if not responsible)… and I then came back the next day offering $20,000 less. “
– “We live in a culture of destructive transparency. Text messages leaked. Phone calls taped. Pictures uploaded in real time, and sound bites exploding on unsuspecting careers. But there’s an upside to our leaky, sneaky world. Vile, fraudulent bullies like Mel Gibson or free-range sex addicts like Tiger Woods can be exposed at last to the censure—and ridicule—they deserve.”
– Lots and lots of reading here
– “Seeing as we’re raising the spectre of privilege here, and rightly so, what about the giant wad of privellege involved for most of us in ‘choosing’ to pursue a greener lifestyle?”
– Examines some quotes about feminism and some thoughts they provoke.
– “(Warning, possible triggering around rape and sexual assault in his column)”
– “New Zealand’s restrictive abortion laws have never had a significant impact on the abortion rate – that’s not how abortion law or access works.****”
– Links from Mynxii