Items of interest found recently in my RSS feed.What did I miss? Please share what you've been reading (and writing!) in the comments.
- 100 sci fi women #50: Rachael
- links for 2010-09-04
- Why so little concern about Ladies Night?
- Privilege and Perception
- Buffy is So Whiny…
– from Blade Runner (check out the rest)
– linkfest from Racialicious
– “… it’s often important to distinguish between when the patriarchy results in actual harm and when it’s just producing tastelessness. And ladies night is firmly in the latter category.”
– Selective attention test – go do it. Fascinating.
– “But usually, this whole “Buffy is whiny” nonsense comes with a whole mess of evidence that would get Batman a hug and another comic book spin off. (What? Your parents were gunned down in an alley? I bet that really hurt and gave you a lot of emotional stuff to work through!)(But NOOOO! Buffy! You can’t be upset about YOUR MOM DYING!) (Or YOU DYING!)”