Items of interest come across recently in my feed-reader. What did I miss? Leave your own interesting links in comments.
n.b. Comments threads have not necessarily been read. Some may be NSFW or triggering, so please report back any problems you encounter so the post can be marked.
- A Tale of Two Sexisms
- Farewell to Dilbert. Part One
- Farewell to Dilbert. Part Two.
- GOP'S RADICAL BREAKAGE CONTINUES
- Schrödinger’s Privilege
- Righteous Providers, Medical Pariahs?
- You're History
- woo groups and pit bulls- part 2
- Why Unions Matter in the US. A Short Lecture.
- Vitamin D, Part 1: The “English Disease” and me
- Sweet Jebus, but I hate the HuffPo
- Why I Deserved to be Called an Offensive Bitch
– “And then I became pretty upset because this othering transparently executed by New York Daily News of the specific Mexican situation is not just racism disguised as inane cultural commentary. It’s more than that because through this othering, this alienation, it also hurts American women by implying that it’s the Mexicans that have a problem and American women do not have to deal with the same kind of noxious, damaging culture. By placing the problem within the confines of another country’s borders, media does not need to address the very similar circumstances that affect people in their own local environments.”
– WTF Scott Adams?
– More WTF Adams?
– A huge post about from Gary Farber about the GOP’s latest attempt to stifle criticism
– “We privileged people do not “deserve” the automatic trust or assumption of good faith or patience of unprivileged people [especially while in the act of fucking up]. And that’s okay, because it’s not about us. And that’s Basic Ally-hood 101.”
– Essential reading.
– “By the time they’re done rewriting US history, the nation will have been hand-built by the Founding Fathers, John Pierpont Morgan, Ronald Reagan, and Jesus.”
– Part of a provocative series of posts from Skeptifem – challenges some preconceptions
– “It makes no sense to pretend that someone interviewing for a janitor’s job at a large firm has the same negotiating power as the firm.”
– This one made me rethink my Vitamin D intake – I don’t think I get nearly enough.
– “It’s a woo-infested sewer, a cesspit of inanity and exploitation, and they cheat their writers.”
– “Did you catch that last bit? He says he only resorted to psychological abuse because I made him upset; therefore, it is my fault that he called me a bitch and an asshole.”