If you follow me on Twitter, you may have already seen these. Items of interest come across recently in my feed-reader or via twitter (please consider following some of the tweeters). What did I miss? Leave your own interesting links in comments. Shameless self-promotion entirely welcome!
Jean-Luc Picard in the ready room, playing Angry Tribbles!
(image credit McBeefy on Cracked.com)
[image description: two panels arranged vertically – #1. Picard sits at a table with a tablet-style data interface #2. the screen has been photoshopped to show a game called Angry Tribbles]
- How Ayn Rand became the new right’s version of Marx | George Monbiot gu.com/p/36xxq/tw via
- 6 Mar RT Mr Denmore ?
@MrDenmore – A new study from MIT & Harvard finds wealthy nations fail when ‘inclusive’ institutions become ‘extractive’ ones. tiny.cc/kSFe2b
@shakesville – Being Progressive: You’re Doing it Wrong bit.ly/wUjiPx
- Gratuitous Objectification in GQ’s Comedy Issue bit.ly/yfjhRI
- Report people starved to death after being stranded in the evacuation zone around the Fukushima nuclear plant last year www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/…
- Comedy podcast, Tim Minchin, Bill Bailey, Victoria Wood, Bernard Cribbins and many more spreaker.com/page#!/user/ch…
- 6 Mar aimee whitcroft ?
@teh_aimee – stop this absurd war on the colour pink! bit.ly/xWfNGq #awesome #weheartpink #PINKEXISTS (cc @miss_phloss)
- Fascinating and infuriating – Mixed Messages in Girl & Boy Scout Badges bit.ly/wdmFVB
- from Tiger Beatdown by
@sesmithwrites | Guess What? Shaming People For Being Fat Doesn’t Magically Make Them Thin! bit.ly/zPu63J
- via Annie Murphy Paul ?
@anniemurphypaul - BRILLIANT: What if students had to study music for 12 years before playing an instrument? That’s how we treat science: bit.ly/wJhBtH
Reel Girl | Scandinavian girls have more fun http://margotmagowan.wordpress.com/2012…
Today in What Were They Thinking? – Sociological Images: The First Black Disney Princess Loves Watermelon http://thesocietypages.org/socimag…
- RT @courteneyh: RT @mykebartlett: CERES responds to some pretty damning (and apparently inaccurate) accusations in the Age yesterday http://www.ceres.org.au/content…