Zoe had some sort of collision with a crystal ball and ended up liveblogging Tonight’s Budget Speech last night instead. So the plan is:
- Print out Zoe’s post.
- Make a large jug of something reprehensibly alcoholic
- Sit in comfy chair with printed post and pencil to hand, with jug and glass in easy but stable reaching distance
- Switch on Lefty Mind Control Communicator Central aka Your ABC at 7:30pm to watch the Treasurer’s Speech
- For every fulfilled Zoe prediction, first tick the pertinent part of the post, then pour a glass and scull it
- Loud silly noises for every fulfilled Zoe prediction are also mandatory
- Laugh at the cat for looking so surprised at one’s shenanigans
Suggestions are hereby solicited for a variation on the game above to be played during
Red Ken<sup1 Red Kerry’s analysis of the Budget following Swannie’s speech.
H/T Kim at LP
1. Posted in haste and my brane’s naming centre somehow channeled the recent London Mayoral election.
Categories: economics, fun & hobbies
Oooh, careful Tigtog. If you’re drinking spirits you’ll be plastered and if you’re drinking alcopops you’ll be broke …
How did it go?
Actually, I must confess that I only posted this to tempt others into perdition, as I had a birthday dinner for my baby boy (who just turned 15) to go to, where I only had one glass of wine. I got home for the last 5 minutes of Red Kerry spit-roasting Malcolm Turnbull in the Budget special after the speech, which made for some enjoyable heckling.
TheMalcom: All they’ve done is cut money from Howard Govt programs and funnel it into their own programs
Me: Yes? And? Your point is?
And he’s the best the Coalition’s got. Dearie me.
I was waiting for Petit Mal to articulate some sort of consistent (or even coherent) policy response when Red Kezza was having so much fun at his expense last night. I waited again this morning while listening to him on RN Breakfast.
I reckon it’ll be a while …
(I wish I’d read this early enough to play your drinking game, btw – it would’ve been a blast.)