Reading an old thread about self-proclaimed “nice guys” who refuse to take no for an answer in casual social situations and who are then affronted by women not trusting them to respect their wishes in more intimate situations, I realised that we had thrown around the idea of a bingo card in comments. Taking some of the suggestions from that comment thread and rounding it out with a few more thoughts, here is my first attempt.
- How do you know you won’t like me?
- Just give me a little smile, eh?
- But maybe we were meant to be together
- Aren’t you lucky I’m here to talk to?
- It’s very rude to just ignore people
- If only you’d talk with me you’d know I’m a nice guy
- But if my dad never spoke to my mum, I would never have been born!
- You looked lonely, I’m just doing you a favour
- A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be sitting alone
- You don’t mind me sitting here, do you?
- It costs nothing to be a bit friendly, you know
- Let me walk with you
- Too good for me, are you? Bitch!
- Pretty girls like you shouldn’t be sitting alone
- You’ll like me once you know me better
- C’mon, all I want to do is talk
- What’s wrong with you, all I want to do is talk!
- But I’m not trying to creep you out or anything
- She’ll have what I’m having (you’ll love it)
- You don’t really want to be alone, do you?
- Why won’t you give me a chance?
- But you are very pretty
- You can stop reading now, and talk to me instead!
- It takes fewer muscles to smile than to frown
- Now I couldn’t leave you here by yourself, could I?
Suggestions for improvements?
ADDENDUM 2011-06-03: some further reading for the lurkers –